Monday, July 5, 2010

Guide to my "Shades of Gray" Blogs :-)

I want to start off by saying thank you to all who have taken the time to look through my blog. I hope what you have seen is enough to keep your eyes on my blog for many weeks to come J.

That being said, I am sure many people in the wonderful land of the Internet are asking themselves, “Who is this girl and why on earth does she think she can tell me about life lessons? How many genuine life experiences has she had?”

My name is Abi Mariam, I am seventeen years old, and no, I have not had many intense life experiences. I do not claim to have a wealth of knowledge or wisdom beyond my years. But what I have learned about life comes from the wise, mature teachers with which I have been blessed. Everyone from my friends to my parents to even my youngest family members has taught me a thing or two about life.

As much as I love to be right in the center of all the action, I have always considered myself an observer of life. Being an observer, one must be prepared with the proper equipment, don’t you think? My tools of choice are my sunglasses, including all from my classic browns to my crazy paint-splattered frames. Each pair of sunglasses in my collection allows me to see life in a slightly different light; each reveals to me a different Shade of Gray. Equipped with these sunglasses, I can enter into any everyday situation and emerge from it with a new perspective on life J.

You may notice that I do not use recognizable names in my blogs (unless you really are named something like “Sweet Treat”, in which case, you are automatically my hero J). These nicknames are used not only to protect the privacy of whomever I am describing but also to make these stories relatable to everyone. Anytime you see one of my ridiculous names, fill it in with someone important to you, and you will be surprised how easily one of my experiences could be one of yours.

I encourage all who read my blogs to make comments. Please do not feel like I am above criticism; one of the lessons I have learned in life is to accept criticism and use it to grow (which you will be reading about soon enough J). All I ask is that comments are respectful and are relevant to the blogs themselves. If my blog gives you any ideas of how you can individually express yourself to the world, follow them! Start your own blog, write a book, make a movie, do whatever you would like to show your community that you have a voice and you are ready to use it. If you are a high school student like me, I hope you remember one important fact: your age does not determine the impact you can make on your community; effort is a much better measure of what you can do J.

So now, we begin the guided tour of my mind (I understand how unbelievably scared you must be right now, but don’t worry, I’ll be here to protect you J). You don’t have to read every one of my entries, you don’t have to agree with what I say, you don’t even have to like me. There is only one thing I ask of all my blog-readers: Remember that the world is not only seen in black and white; we can see it through all Shades of Gray (and blue, pink, polka dot, cheetah print…)

No comments:

Post a Comment